Online Community Rules and Etiquette
Thank you for being part of the AABB online community, or AABB HUB. To ensure the best possible experience for all community members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
We understand that the world and our members are becoming more social and connecting online. As such we encourage all to participate in our online community. AABB hosts several pages on public tools such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube along with the AABB HUB, our private members’ only social network. All of these platforms are great tools to get the advice of your peers, learn from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. By participating on social platforms that are AABB branded, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important rules. If you have questions about these guidelines or the tools themselves, contact the Member Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org and all questions about AABB membership should be directed to our Member Services Center at +1.301.215.6489 or 1.866-222-2498.
In order to preserve a climate that encourages positive, civil and fruitful dialogue, AABB reserves the right to discipline AABB HUB users, delete posts or terminate accounts for members who violate these rules.
- Be professional and courteous to your fellow members. Don’t attack others. The discussions on the community platforms are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Just as you would like to be heard, let others have their say.
- All discussions and shared links should clearly relate to Transfusion Medicine, Cellular Therapies and Patient Blood Management.
- Don't post commercial messages. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- AABB HUB messages may not contain promotional material, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. AABB reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Use caution when discussing products and be aware that AABB does not endorse any third party product or services.
- Information posted on any platform is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal content is strictly prohibited and will be removed.
- Send your message only to the most appropriate platforms.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the AABB HUB.
- Remember that AABB and other participants have the right to reproduce postings.
- Transparency is very important when seeking to gain trust in online relationships; therefore, be clear who you are and who you work for when posting on any platform. This means including your real name on your Facebook and twitter accounts and the AABB HUB along with disclosing your employer and using a profile picture of your likeness and not your company’s logo.
- Decide which platform is best for your message. Just sharing a link? Twitter might be best. Sharing an article with your comments? Then Facebook might be better. Want to start conversations around a topic? That is best served in Linked-In or AABB HUB.
- Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Some general tips to help you maintain good etiquette when reproducing content:
- Be courteous. Please ask participants for permission to republish their words elsewhere (especially if elsewhere would be a publicly viewable setting).
- When citing AABB HUB discussions, please include a link back to the original discussion or to the AABB HUB homepage.
- To learn more about how to use these tools please contact the AABB social media team.
The Legal Stuff
These social media pages, accounts and sites are provided as a service of AABB. AABB is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on these sites by others. AABB disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on these sites, whether posted by AABB or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall AABB be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
You understand that all information, data, messages or other materials ("content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such content originated. This means that you, and not AABB, are entirely responsible for all content that you post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the community.
You acknowledge and agree that AABB may preserve content and also may disclose content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce these rules (c) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of AABB, its users and the public. AABB does not claim ownership of content you submit or that you make available for inclusion on the community. AABB only claims ownership over content created by the association for inclusion on this site.
You agree to indemnify and hold AABB, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from and against any and all liability, losses, claims, demands, disputes, damages or costs of any kind, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and costs of litigation, resulting from or in any way connected with (a) postings or other content you submit or that are submitted from your account, (c) your violation of this Agreement, or (d) your violation of any rights of another party.
No Resale of Service
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the site, use of the site, or access to the site.
Modifications of Service
AABB reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the community (or any part thereof). You agree that AABB shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification of the site.
These rules will be governed and interpreted pursuant to the laws of the state of Maryland and the United States of America, notwithstanding any principles of conflicts of law. If any part of these terms and conditions is unlawful void, or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. In addition, by posting material, you grant to AABB and the members of this community the nonexclusive, world-wide, transferable right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information in any way and in any medium, including but not limited to print or electronic form.
Content that encourages or facilitates an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers. AABB will monitor these sites for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to AABB's attention, AABB will take all appropriate action.